Sunday 6 September 2009

Well, after all that..





Did I whinge a little on Friday? Just a bit! Well it was justified. Remember, I can be a drama queen - the 'grief and trouble' wasn't life threatening or panic inducing, it just caused me to whinge. Again. But really, after all that grief and trouble, I didn't even go to the crop! Grr. It's a long story, punctuated by domestic coincidences that don't bear repeating, even on this blog, which is a miracle. Anyway, I did some scrapping at home instead, not the same, but at least once I'd unpacked my bag, it could stay unpacked. I did even more today actually, spurred on I think, by the reducing pile of papers and photos that I can finally move off my desk. They've been there since my experiment at working on more than one LO at a time. A couple I just needed to finish and three more I've re-shaped, re-modelled and finished. Cool. Much less to whinge about now! What do you think of the Peel Off alphabet I've used on the LO above? I'm not a fan of Peel Offs and so of course found my stamping moral high ground a little bit challenged when I found these...because I'm an alphabet junkie and it is my life's work to collect and use them in any form. I quite like the graphic-ness of them....I think because they're white and not too in my face - I have a sheet in black too, but they're a bit shiny and well, in my face! Time will tell.
And, just by way of friendliness, I'd like you to meet my friend Helen. If you read Creativity Life! or are a GoGo subscriber/follower or nosey onlooker like me, you'll recognise her immediately. For me, the most gifted scrapper in the UK. No doubt. She's just started her blog (a bit shy and not quite believing what I say about her, see and why should she!). Visit her, see for yourself, form your own opinion. Indeed, do what I do and plan to 'lift' every one of her LOs!

14 comments:

Unknown said...

The Wordsworth Room? St. John's College? Cambridge? And you did n't pop in and say Hi? How rude?

Loving your work and I love that paper! Now I am going to check on your taste and see if this girlie is as good as you reckon ;0)

Darcy Marshall said...

Peel offs are perfectly acceptable if they are alphabets or numbers...nothing else, says I who has a big box full of all the awful peels offs from years ago when I used to make cards to sell. People actually wanted them with eel off greetings, I had to oblige. I need to find some unsuspecting child to give them to lol

Claire said...

Julia, I love reading your opinions/thoughts/takes on life, always interesting & very entertaining. I'm a big fan of Helen & her work too, she rocks... off to stalk her now ;)
xx

Anonymous said...

cheque's in the post jules ;)

p.s. i love peel off alphas (shh... don't spread it around :))

Jenny said...

Oh dear! Well on the plus side you probably got more scrapping done at home! x

Annie said...

Hi Julia. Thanks for the tip about Helen. You're right, of course, she is well worth looking in on. A x

Jo Power said...

Hey well done you at getting some scrapping done. I managed to print the photo's and yesterday cut them out but actually put them on paper not a chance.
Thank you for your kind words on my blog and I hope today isn't to hard for you although its a changing of an era I am sure its quite scarey. xx

Carmen said...

Just had a quick look at her blog and went 'oooooh' so will go back in a minute once I've done your comment. These linkies people put in their blogs that take you away and then you forget where you were. Tsk. ;) ;)

I love those peel-offs and I hate them as a rule but they don't look like peel-offs at all do they. Very lovely! The whole page that is - not just the alphas :D

Angie said...

Peel offs were the be all and end all of crafting 6 years ago and that is when we collected a HUGE stock of them. I am not keen on them for scrapping now a days except the tiny lettering ...like yours .. but I would still use them for,non- crafter, friends cards ...especially Xmas ... but for the fact that it is so looked down on. What is SO wrong with a gold or silver Merry Christmas or Happy Birthday. What is so ugly about a p/o on card, coloured in, cut out and mounted ...they look better than shop bought and I love glitz at xmas... but no .... everyone says they are rubbish and no self respecting crafter would use them. I dont want to be looked down on so there they sit .... a wasted £100++ ... or did DD donate them somewhere or maybe throw them out when I wasn't looking... I certainly havent touched then for about 2 years.
I wonder what will be frowned on in 2 tears time .... already things like epoxy stickers and alphabets have lost favour with me and others and stampng has yoyoed in and out of favour over the past 3 or 4 years .... maybe it will be brads and eyelets ... who know.

Fiona said...

Oh no - sorry you couldn't make your own crop - what a bummer! I'm still in stitches - quite literally, so wasn't up to this month but hopefully next month1 I'm back into scrapping again and can I find any scrapbook challenge blogs? Do you know of any - they might just spur me on a bit. I'm not a fan of peel off's either - but the white ones do look very elegant!

Emilie said...

Love this LO! great to see you're happy scrapping away! I find that I get the next gogo kits too soon as my stash keep climbing up! I don't get it! I now only buy the kit, that's my only crafting purchase every month but it seems to last longer than when I use to spend over £70 a month. Bargain I suppose...
Sorry for not commenting much lately but be sure that I still come to read your great blog!

Unknown said...

So I had better not let on what my Christmas cards are going to be this year then?

Ann said...

I'm not a fan of peeloffs (although I've quite a few sheets) but your words don't look like peeloffs to me. Love the finished layout.

Lyn said...

Don't you just hate it when a plan doesn't come together - sorry about the crop, let alone lack of those yummy fish and chips ......

Hmmmm peel-offs. I dither between being a peel-off snob and loving the shortcuts. I -wouldn't use peel offs on anything other than cards, but have to admit they have their uses. B ringing us back onto die-cuts - I LURVE crafting toys and would rather die-cut corners that use peel-offs, depending on the size of the card. I widh they did more die corners though!!!