Thursday 7 April 2011

Today I helped

Mr Dunnit rang and flattered me into helping him - by saying how much he'd like my company. And let's face it, I was actually doing nothing that was productive...admiring another line full of washing in full sunshine, tidying up a bit around my desk, musing about some ideas for cards...you know, procrastinating.


So instead, I spent the afternoon in the sunshine, painting a weather defence oil onto pieces of oak. Lovely, beautiful oak. Tomorrow these pieces will be assembled into a very large window and delivered to a company who are doing a beautiful job of a barn conversion; of course I can't show you that, not least because it would be a digression from talking about my marvellous work! Actually, it felt like the first day at work, Mr Dunnit set me up, showed me what to do, then demonstrated in case I didn't understand. Brush it on thinly, make it consistent cover and be sure to get into the angles. I've whacked paint on canvas, card and fabric, how hard can it be? Well, it wasn't hard, but discovering that he was hovering to check my finish on the first piece was a bit of a shock! Anyway, he soon busied up and left me to it. So I worked outside in the sunshine and it wasn't gardening. Score! And I'm blogging from my phone in the bathroom... I have to have a hot bath. Hoping to disguise the
fact that a handful of hours standing on uneven ground brushing oil onto timber seems to have wrecked my unfit muscles! Like I said to the customer who rang and was happy to hear about tomorrow's delivery; happy to help!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

9 comments:

Sarn said...

YAY . . . what a good wifey you are. You MUST have gained some brownie points there Mrs D!

Hope your complaining muscles have stopped whingeing by tomorrow!!!! Perhaps the price of your work today will be a spa visit!!!!

Hugs, Sandra

Helen said...

I have this great picture in my mind of Mr D with a clipboard marking your work!! Hope your muscles unknot soon.

misteejay said...

Hope the bath helped. At least you were able to get out in this lovely weather instead of being stuck indoors looking at it through the office window - like me.

Toni :o)

Annie said...

How lovely to spend a few hours out in the fresh air. Wish I could set my sewing machines up outside sometimes :-)
A x

Ohhh Snap said...

How could he doubt your paintwork with all the crafty things you do?? :D Sounds like a lovely day! TFS :D

Scrapcat 1 said...

hope your muscles are better today and I know what you mean about him checking the finish!

Artyjen said...

It's good to share ;)
You are a love....thanks for your happy comments on my stamp set debut ;)
xoxo Sioux

Cardarian said...

You are very good helping Mr. Dunnit - he, he by the way how much does he pay??? Is it a 60 minutes per hour job???
Have a lovely weekend!
Hugs,
Cardarian

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

It's good that you were so helpful. Glad he was there in the beginning, because you might have had to sand and refinish if he hadn't been watching (just joking).

I wanted to let you know that I finally went to the Post Office and found your "bird" I sent you, had been returned because apparently it got caught in an automatic machine or something, which destroyed the envelope. I quickly repackaged it and sent it on its way the same day. It was a good thing I picked up my mail early in the day, because I had time to repost it.

On a brighter note, I ALSO received a gift from YOU. Thank you SO very much for the tea. It sounds like something I am sure I will enjoy, and it is so sweet of you and Miss D to think of me. Thank you beyond belief.