Sunday 14 December 2014

Cards..got time for more?

Lawks, it's the end of the year's workshops.  I have actually tidied up and used the workshop samples this year - usually I'm so sick of the sight of them that I make more. This year, I've left it too late, I'm bang out of ideas and erm, I'm too idle.  

Woodware: bird and greeting, Hero Arts: stitching
I spent a second evening sitting up straight in my armchair and fighting piles of unwritten and written cards.  It takes ages doesn't it! Specially if you're me - I'm rubbish at keeping in touch and so cards tend to have news written in to them.  I can see where the 'do it as you go through the year' type of time management skills would pay off, honestly.  I just can't practice it.

Woodware and Kaiser craft stamps, DOCrafts Poinsettia dieM
Now I only need to make another three or four and I'm out of the woods.  I make it sound like a chore don't I?  I don't mean to - I love that my rellies and etceteras like to receive a card - handmade or not, and of course, I do take pleasure in the pile once it's waiting to be posted or delivered. I like a finished anything!  

Woodware.  Again.  
I have to say that this year's cards are brought to you by me via Woodware, their stamps seem to crop up every time I make something!  Hats off to Francoise who designs for Woodware...because most of the designs I'm drawn to are hers.  
Woodware stamp. Docrafts & Provo emboss folder. Fab printed felt!
Somewhere in the back of my head an idea is forming about the ludicrous time situation I end up placing myself in each December.  It is not an idea worthy of any award, for it's what hundreds of you more organised types do anyway.  It's about making cards in advance of course.  And this year, I'm thinking - hey, make everyone do the odd card in advance...include one Christmas card in each workshop.  They'll thank me.  Won't they?  I can take the groaning - I'm used to that....can I take the year round need for glitter?  And the fact that the basket of Christmas stamps will have to remain in sight for the year? And the Christmas dies and embossing folders will have to remain in use?  And my cardstock and DP collections won't truly be seasonally adjusted? Ya see, there's so much to think about and that's without actually taking on a challenge or committing to the idea.  
Watch this space.  If you can bear to!


10 comments:

Helen said...

Your cards are all gorgeous, and I agree about Francoise's designs for Woodware, both they and she, are lovely. I think your idea about doing one Christmas card each workshop is a good one... hope you make it happen!

misteejay said...

Great cards Julia. I'm sure you are far more organised than you let on.
Toni xx

Sue said...

Really pretty cards.

You need to set up a little area which is just for christmas crafting. Maybe an extension to your house would be prudent:) LOL

Hope the week ahead is a good one for you. Sue

JoZart Designs said...

Despite all this you managed to send me a card.... I am touched to be remembered, so thank you to you and Jan.
Jo x

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

I knew you'd find the perfect thing to do with that felt. My favourite is the purple stars and music paper.

fairy thoughts said...

Looks like you have been having fun none the less. My fav is the purple Stars too. It's a great feeling when you've done it all ..... Not sure I'm there yet.... Nearly

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Lovely cards Julia. It can start to feel like a chore but that must mean we have lots of friends Lol! so can't complain. I've been making most of mine with masterboards and then cutting them up, I just feel I can make more, quicker by doing that though they still take time up, you can do a few at a time as a small batch.

Princess Judy Palmer said...

I've spent all year making Christmas cards but I still can't get them in the mail now!!! Just throwing that out there as a reason to not make Xmas cards all year. Every year I tell myself I will write a little blurb about the month at the end of the month so by December I'll have a newsy letter that can be included thus eliminating the need to write stuff in the card but nope, never do that either.

Anyway, I enjoyed seeing your cards, they are all very lovely.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

These are GORGEOUS cards, Julia. I think each is elegant in its own right.

As organized as I like to believe I am, I somehow simply REFUSE to get in the Christmas spirit until about mid-December, when I bust my shiny glass Christmas balls to get everything finished. I am the type who has a singular idea, and make things in assembly line fashion. However, if I were to make one Christmas item a month, I would have good ideas of what to give everyone for Christmas next year. I give you kudos for putting the idea out there.

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

I totally agree on doing a card each workshop...I DON'T do them ahead and I get upset with myself every year that I can't get enough made. I'm "Making" ahead this coming year. I love the supplies, so why don't I use them? DUMB....some are now on Valentines, I commented to myself but hey they'll have theirs all ready to mail ...I've got to change. Thanks for making me feel I'm not alone!!!!